Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
Accountant, Business & Finance
Req ID: 1128
- Develop a strict and professional rapport with in-house team, clients and regulatory personnel. Oversee the industry systems, business processes and controls relative to the location assigned. Demonstrates understanding of organizational structure of the Company and her core businesses/ industry. Accountant is expected to innovate, achieve, grow and lead the smooth and effective accounting of the business.
- Prepares asset, liability, operational and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Preparation of the full year and half year Company’s published accounts.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Documents all financial transactions, recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options. Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls. Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures. Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information. Liaise with auditors to reconcile the books.
- Preparation of management accounts, budgets, plans and statutory returns for central companies.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups in line with best industry practices and company policies.
- Prepares and document all financial payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses and individuals
- Appropriate candidates require a BA/BSc in Accounting, minimum of 7 years’ experience within the Nigerian oil & gas industry. ICAN/ACCA or equivalent is highly desired.
- Exposure to multi-currency consolidations and preparation of statutory accounts.
- Networking, Persuasion, Public Speaking, Writing, Self-motivation, Identification of Challenges and Professionalism. Project management skills.
- Strong team player with an organized, methodical and proactive approach
- Good interpersonal, communications and organizational skills, Good written/spoken English.
- Advance level Microsoft Office skills.
- Accounting, BSc, Business Management, Engineering, Oil & Gas, Operations, Production
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Click the Apply now button to send your application