Acegoals is all about YOU. Yes YOU! At acegoals, the belief is that this life is encumbered with many challenges about career, money, relationships, people etc and there are just little resources available to provide solutions or even help overcome such challenges. All these life’s issues glue together to form who we are, what we do, how we think, how we relate to people and issues, the things we hold in high esteem, the tools we use in meeting our needs and more, the people we rely on to help us come out of various phases in life.
Acegoals.com is set to achieve giving many the right path of action when making decisions or looking for a tutorial on how to achieve simple or difficult tasks in their career.
Our client, the Committee of Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Universities,
Job type: FULL Term, with an initial period of 6 months paid probation
Estimated Start Date: July 1 or latest by August 1, 2017.
About the Committee of Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Universities
- The Committee of Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Universities (CVCNU), which is synonymous with the Association of Vice-chancellors of Nigerian Universities (AVCNU) is a body comprising Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Federal, State and Private Universities (152 membership as of date). Formed in 1962 by the VCs of the then first 5 universities, it was intended to fulfill the need to bring Vice-Chancellors together to present a united front in addressing the challenges facing university education in the country.
- The organization has largely lived up to this expectation by advocating vigorously for good governance and financial probity, adoption of best practices, and sustaining extant academic cultures of the ivory tower that universities are. The body organizes development and capacity building trainings for members and senior management team in the Nigerian university system, and as well, work closely with all relevant cognate MDAs and international partners and agencies.
- The body is also active through her annual conferences and regular workshops, policy dialogues and higher education summits designed to provide strategic basis for responding to local, national, regional and global issues on higher education. This global profile requires the best in corporate management ethics and standards, and that is what is expected of all staff of the CVCNU.
The specific aims, objectives, and functions of the committee include:
- Providing a focus of academic leadership through bold initiatives in higher Education in the country with particular reference to the roles of universities
- Acting as a channel through which the Joint opinion of Nigerian Universities on any matter affecting higher education in Nigeria is expressed.
- Studying, commenting on and making recommendations on proposals, legislation regulations or rules affecting universities in Nigeria
- Acting as a bureau of information and facilitate communication and mutual consultation among the universities
- Cooperating with organizations having similar aims and objectives on University education in Nigeria and to protect generally the interest of Nigerian Universities
- Organizing, sponsoring or promoting conferences, seminars, workshops, lectures, colloquial and symposia on higher education particularly in Nigeria.
- Providing a platform for discussing common problems such as inter University cooperation , administrative and academic practices, maintenance of academic standards , staff recruitment, physical exchange and student affairs
- Serving as a forum for collaboration with the National Universities Commission (NUC) and federal Government on matters concerning University education
- Doing all such other lawful things as are necessary for the attainment and furtherance of these objectives
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A graduate with certified IT skills, not necessarily in computer science. Masters degree will be an advantage.
- 3 years cognate experience (Minimum)
- Capability in developing IT solutions to aid administration, research and documentation higher institutions and allied establishments
- Good communication/research skills for managing internal and external information dissemination via the web, blog, and CVC newsletters on a day to day basis.
- Social media and corporate image management skills.
Work Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- As the Database Administrator, you are responsible for the day to day operation of database management systems and for long-range planning regarding system design and operation.
- Database availability, backup, and recovery
- Database server networking, access, and work management
- General understanding of operating system, e.g. Windows and Linux
- Knowledge of database storage technologies
- General understanding of data analysis and predictive analytics
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Design, develop, install and configure Database Management Systems (DBMS) that hold silos of large data
- Manage the database to ensure it provides efficient, effective access to information (data) stored in the databases
- Develop and implement database administration policies, technical standards and data models
- Consult managers in the organisation to determine and document data requirements, data collection and administration policy, and data access rules
- Assure the integrity of the data and ensure that the organisation’s databases is secure and at optimal performance by efficient planning, and routine troubleshooting of the database.
- Develop and administer policies and procedures for accessing and using networks, backing up data and recovering lost data.
- Ability to visualise the end product of designed databases to ensure usability and viability to end users.
- Maintain, validate and categorise the database and ensure its availability to end users
- Monitor database performance and must know how databases relate to each other.
- Control privileges & permissions to database users
- Maintain data standards and database security
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- Plan for future expansion requirements (database must be built for flexibility, scale-up) and must plan for future business needs.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of Experience
- Logical and physical data modelling and database design
- Database creation, maintenance, and management
- Metadata management and usage
- Database performance monitoring, tuning, and management
- SQL code reviews
- Database security and integrity.
- Primus Wireless Tech
- Design and implement levels for future games
- Use Unity game Engine toolset to design, implement and optimize game locations
- Work with lead programmer to ensure locations convey setting and storytelling to players.
- Excellent sense of 3D game space, storytelling, and pacing
- Experience designing, building, and populating game levels
- Excellent communication skill and experience with collaborative documentation tools
- Experience with modular kits or procedural layout systems a plus
- Creative and dialogue writing a plus
- Experience with The Creation Kit and Papyrus a plus
- Experience playing previous 3D games
Preferred Years of Experience:
- 1 – 3 years
- N70,000.00 to N100,000.00 per month
Applicants should send their applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Click the Apply now button to send your application