New Zealand Government
Deadline: 30 Aug 2017 (annual)
Study in: New Zealand
Course starts 2017/2018
The NZIDRS, funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand, provides scholarships for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university.
New Zealand Universities: AUT University, Lincoln University, Massey University, University of Auckland, University of Canterbury, University of Otago, University of Waikato, Victoria University of Wellington
Level/Field(s) of study:
Relevant PhD Degree Programme in any discipline offered by participating Universities in New Zealand
Number of Scholarships:
About 8 awards
International students who are not citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand or Australia.
The NZIDRS covers the following for a TOTAL of three years: university tuition fees and associated student levies, an annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 (tax-free), and medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually.
You must meet ALL five eligibility criteria. These criteria are non-negotiable.
- You must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
- You must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of place for a (direct-start) PhD programme at a New Zealand university
- If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 1 July 2016
- You must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- You must not hold citizenship or PR status in New Zealand or Australia.
Please visit the Study In New Zealand webpage to apply for this scholarship. Deadline is 30 August 2017.
IMPORTANT NOTE: APPLY for the NZIDRS ONLY if you meet ALL eligibility criteria, if you can provide ALL required documents by the deadline, or if your proposed research clearly aligns with the selection criteria.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to download the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.