This is to inform Scholars who wish to undertake their advanced study at the Princeton University, United States of America that applications for admission into 2018-2021 Fellowships and Financial Sponsorship are open for the coming academic year. The year, the university has ear-marked a sum of $86,000 per candidate.
Please note that ABD candidates who are awarded a fellowship will be asked to provide a document from either the Registrar or Dean of their Graduate School by June 15, 2018, to confirm completion of all requirements for the PhD.
Values of this program:
- Four three-year Postdoctoral Fellowships will be awarded this year. The stipend for each of the three years of the fellowship will be approximately $86,600.
- In addition, fellows are provided with a shared office, a personal computer, a research account of $5,000 a year, access to university grants, benefits and other resources.
- Fellows are expected to reside in or near Princeton during the academic year in order to attend weekly seminars and participate fully in the intellectual life of the Society.
- All candidates will be informed of the status of their application by the end of January, 2018. Interviews will take place in early February.
- The Society will reimburse the cost of travel and lodging associated with the interview. Names of fellowship winners will be posted on the Society of Fellows’ website in July 2018.
How To Apply:
The following application items should be uploaded by the applicant:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Dissertation abstract
- Writing sample: one chapter of the dissertation or one published article related to the dissertation topic.
- Research proposal
- Two course proposals
- For ABD (All But Dissertation) candidates : letter of “Progress to Degree” from the director of graduate studies or department chair. For applicants with PhD degree : document confirming your completion of all requirements for the PhD degree.
- Names and email addresses for three referees, who will be contacted with an invitation to upload their confidential letter of recommendation to the online portal once the application has been submitted.
Application Deadline : September 15, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST. Please visit Princeton University portal for details.