The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help our client countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life.
To ensure that countries can access the best global expertise and help generate cutting-edge knowledge, the World Bank Group is constantly seeking to improve the way it works. Key priorities include delivering measurable results, promoting openness and transparency in development, and improving access to development information and data.
Job Title: IT Client Service Assistant
Job Type: Full-Time
Category: Banking / Finance / NGO
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Application Deadline: 12th September, 2017.
- The main duties of this position are defined around first level IT client service within the country office and follow task norms associated with ITIL standards for helpdesk service. Additional tasks include IT training for clients, asset management, and hardware repairs.
- This position requires frequent interaction with staff, desk-side IT coaching, and has a limited network administrator role.
- The position is assigned to an IT support unit providing IT services to the Africa Region of the World Bank and reports to a Regional supervisor.
- This is an entry level, IT support position where candidates are expected to have a minimum of 1-3 years of experience. Recent university graduates who have attained a bachelor’s degree in areas of IT or related disciplines, are encouraged to apply.
- This is a local position based in the country office and is expected to be part-time (up to 150 paid days per year). Basic communication in English is expected for some activities in the work program.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Provides standard support for mobile devices including smart phones, tablets and laptops computers.
- Provides office level network administration, including routine troubleshooting, maintenance and hardware/software upgrades.
- Installs, configures, and supports Bank-standard hardware and software.
- Provides technical support to office staff and visiting missions.
- Ensures that Bank information and IT systems are protected in a manner consistent with Bank information security policy, procedures and standards.
- Provides direction, support and training to clients. Helps clients solve IT problems.
- Facilitates preparation for video conferences and other collaborative activities, such as Webex sessions.
- Manages all local IT assets and assists clients to manage data.
- Works closely with Resource Management staff and Administrative Assistants within office.
- Information Technology Diploma or university degree, preferably in Computer Science or related area, plus a minimum of 1-3 experience providing IT support or facilitating IT training in an end-user environment.
- Expresses thoughts and ideas effectively in oral and written communications in English.
- Works with technical material and translates material into laypersons terms.
- Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions.
- Ability to apply problem solving strategies to evaluate and solve problems effectively.
- Copes effectively and is productive under work stress.
- Shows an understanding of other people’s concerns, motives, feelings, strengths, and limitations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a virtual team environment.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of effective practices for dealing with clients in a variety of situations.
- Ability to provide basic assistance and training to other staff members.
- Basic ability to ensure the efficient operation of network components.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their CV’s and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
CV’s and Letters should be submitted in English.