If your organisation is a champion of local, sustainable energy, then register your interest in applying for a 2018 Ashden International Award by filling out the form (below).
Application Timeline: 7th November, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (country): London
About the Award: World’s leading green energy awards, seeks to reward innovative enterprises and programmes that deliver, or play a key part in enabling the delivery of sustainable energy systems and through this bring social, economic and
environmental benefits. In 2018, we will make six International Awards. The winners will receive prize funds of up to £20,000 each.
What is Ashden looking for this year?
- Finance and business innovation for delivering sustainable energy: Organisations or enterprises accelerating access to sustainable energy through innovation
- Sustainable cities and buildings: Organisations working in the built environment to rapidly decarbonise towns and cities
- Sustainable transport and mobility: Innovative enterprises or programmes that are improving access to sustainable mobility services for those who currently have poor access
- Powering business: Enterprises or programmes which provide and/or use clean energy or energy efficiency in the provision of goods and services through business activities
- Energy access frontiers: Organisations improving energy access in areas where the market for sustainable energy products and services is underdeveloped and energy access penetration is low
- Sustainable energy and health: Organisations enabling the use of sustainable forms of energy to make a direct improvement to people’s health or to support the provision of health services
Type: Entrepreneurship, Contest
Who can apply for an Ashden International Award?
- Businesses, NGOs, social enterprises and government organisations are all eligible.
- The work must be delivered in at least one of the UN’s developing regions of Africa, Caribbean, Central America, South America, Asia (excluding Japan) and Oceania (excluding Australia and New Zealand) and can be in rural or urban areas. High-income countries in these regions, as defined by the World Bank, are not eligible to apply
What happens if you win an Award As an Ashden Award winner? You will:
- Be invited to London at Ashden’s expense to take part in the Awards Ceremony on 14 June as well as other events during this week. Winning an Ashden Award is contingent on taking part in Awards Week activities.
- Participate in media interviews that we may be able to arrange.
- Agree with Ashden what you will spend the prize fund on and any business support you may receive.
- Provide and update monitoring data about the progress of your work after one year, two years and three years
Number of Awardees: 6
Value of Contest:
- The winners will receive prize funds of £20,000 each
- As well as this cash fund, winning an Ashden Award brings many other benefits, such as:
- Local, national and international publicity, through the work of our specialist media team.
- Support to grow or replicate your work: this can include professional mentoring, training and introductions to investment and other finance providers.
- Opportunities to present your work to large and influential audiences at the Ashden Awards Ceremony, International Conference and other Ashden events.
- Membership of the Ashden Alumni network of Ashden Award-winners, which facilitates opportunities to create productive partnerships and learning.
- The acclaim of winning a prestigious Ashden Award. Our application and assessment process is known for being rigorous.
How to Apply: Apply here
Award Provider: Ashden