On September 13, 2017, Securing Water for Food: A Grand Challenge for Development will launch a global water-agriculture photo contest to call attention to the significant issue of water scarcity, while recognizing and celebrating steps being taken around the world to improve water and food security.
Application Deadline: 27th September 2017
Eligible Countries: All
About the Award: The Securing Water for Food (SWFF) Global Water-Agriculture Photo Contest aims to:
- Harness the power of images to tell a story that raises awareness and inspires action to Securing Water for Food’s about enterprises and organizations with innovations that will enable the production of more food with less water and/or make more water available for food production, processing, and distribution.
- Celebrate men and women who work in agriculture and document how they are impacting water/food security through new technologies and business models.
For SWFF Global Water-Agriculture Photo Contest, photographers must submit images that focus on one or more of these themes: agriculture, water, water-agriculture-related technology, and men and women working in agriculture.
Fields of Contest: As noted, for SWFF Global Water-Agriculture Photo Contest, images you submit must focus on one or more of these themes:
- Water-agriculture-related technology
- Men and women working in agriculture
Eligibility: The Securing Water for Food Global Water Agriculture Photo Contest (“Photo Contest”) is open to all professional and amateur photographers throughout the world.
The Contest seeks outstanding photos that have an unusual viewpoint and force you to pay attention to things ordinary people may take for granted, or worse, not even notice. The Contest also wants images that make people’s jaw drop. Winning photos must have the following attributes:
- Be of high quality
- Tells a story and represents an interesting and engaging subject matter
- Has strong compositional order and structure
- Grabs the eye from a distance
- Evokes an emotion
- Captures an iconic moment
- Showcases a unique perspective
Selection Criteria: Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit and subject matter relevance to our contest.
Value of Award:
Grand Prize Group of 15 Photos – $500
First Place Single Photo – $500
Second Place Single Photo – $250
Third Place Single Photo – $150
Duration of Program:
Contest Promotion: August 29, 2017 – September 27, 2017
Judging: September 27, 2017 – October 3, 2017
Winners Announced: October 5, 2017
How to Apply: Enter Now
Award Providers: The Kaizen Company