Scholarship can be taken in Australia
The University of Southern Queensland is inviting applications for International PhD Stipend Scholarships. The scholarship provides a stipend (living allowance), normally valued at $30,000 per annum.
The University of Southern Queensland is a medium-sized, regional university based in Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia, with three university campuses at Toowoomba, Springfield and Ipswich.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The International PhD Stipend Scholarship provides a stipend (living allowance), normally valued at $30,000 per annum. Scholarship payments are tax-free. The maximum period of the award is three years. Periods of study already undertaken towards the program will be deducted from the period of tenure.
Eligibility: To be eligible applicants must:
- Have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or equivalent level;
- Be eligible to be enrolled full-time on-campus in the PhD program at USQ;
- Must have applied for enrolment, or currently enrolled in the PhD at USQ;
- Be an international student, not an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident;
- Not have previously held an Australian Government funded higher degree by research scholarship;
- Not be a sponsored student receiving similar funding from their Government, or other organisations;
- Commence the program in 2018.
Nationality: International students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have masters degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Scholarship applications are separate from the Admission application process, the Office of Research Graduate Studies (ORGS) recommend applicants commence the admission process. To apply for this scholarship, applicants must scan and forward as one PDF attachment the following documentation by email to orgsadmin-at-usq.edu.au. Applicants will receive an acknowledged of receipt email within 2 working days. (Note no other email address is to be used for the submission of an International PhD Stipend Scholarship).;
- An International PhD Scholarship Application form (DOCX 84KB);
- A curriculum vitae;
- A Preliminary Research Thesis Topic Proposal (DOC 78KB). If applying for a thesis topic identified via the USQ website, please provide evidence of preliminary discussions with the thesis supervisory team;
- Education qualifications (testamur and academic transcripts for all undergraduate and postgraduate awards);
- A list of any research presentations and/or publications
- Documentation confirming citizenship;
- Provide evidence of English language proficiency by supplying one of the approved language tests, (IELTS or TOEFL) or evidence you have studied for a minimum of 2 years full-time equivalent, within the last five years at a recognised institution in a country on the English Speaking Country List.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 29, 2017.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.